Kahoot (to gamify learning)
Available for both MAC and PC as well as Android and iOS.
Requires connection to the internet. Offline mode is not applicable. Interface language – English only. Video about full features and user guides:
Purpose of use
Make learning fun, engaging and impactful for all students. Create fun learning games for your class in minutes or choose from millions of existing games to introduce a topic, review and reinforce knowledge, and run formative assessment. This service is used by millions of teacher worldwide. Very much popular in the USA, it is used widely in Europe as well.
- Visit https://kahoot.com
- Sign-up for free version as a teacher, which allows to use Kahoot in small groups, up to 10 people. You can sign-up using your Google, Facebook accounts or simply with your email. IF you wish to use in bigger groups, sign-up for paid version which will cost 3 EUR/month. This can be done with the account of the School.
- Once registered, system will offer you to create your quiz or game, to host quiz or play demo game. It is recommended first to play demo version to see simulation of the gamified quiz. It will allow you to understand how service works on both sided – as teacher who creates and hosts quizzes, and student as well, who is participating in the hosted quiz.
- Detailed video tutorial for schools to use Kahoot is under the following link (English only) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLaHKdQANmc&feature=emb_logo
- Please use video tutorial to create your own quiz https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=KJgZZQcsSPk&feature=emb_logo
- More video tutorials about features and usage (only English versions available) under the link https://kahoot.com/library/